Energy Performance Certificates

At Gareth Mills Estate Agents if you require an energy performance certificate this can be arranged in house for you. Please remember to sell or let your property you must have a commissioned EPC before the property can be marketed.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • Built
  • sold
  • Rented

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property, eg in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains:

Information about a property's energy use and typical energy costs recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.